Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lectura y Escritura/ Reading and Writing

Colorín Colorado
http://www.colorincolorado.org/educators/brightideas
I recommend his website to bilingual teachers or any language teacher because it has great ideas for literacy activities that you can incorporate in almost any teaching context. In this website there is a section for educators that has a link to “ bright ideas” that you can use for your lessons. On the very bottom on of this page, there are two activities that I will consider doing in my teaching context: Retelling Stories and Literacy Circles.

 El castellano.org

I like this website because it includes an online dictionary in Spanish and can be useful if I have to explain  the meaning of certain words. It also contains a variety of other resources that can be used for teachers to help them strength their language skills in Spanish. This is more like a tool for the teacher.

Mis cositas
http://www.miscositas.com/spanish.html
I love this website because it contains a lot of god ideas for reading and writing activities. In addition, a variety of worksheets are offer that may be used after a reading activity. There is also a booklet with a lot of songs that can be used as a reading activity follow by a listening activity. One of the things that I like the most is a repertoire of different Thematic Units to teach Spanish.

Literacy Connections
http://www.literacyconnections.com/SecondLanguage.php
This is a great website that you can also use for a variety of teaching contexts. There is a lot of information on strategies that you can use to encourage your students to read and write. It also provides other online resources for parents and teachcers. I will use some of the activities mentioned in this website such as "the readers theather" activity. If you look on the left side of this page, there is a link called "Readers Theather" and if you click on it, you wil find a lot of examples of this activity. All of the examles are in English but I will modify them to Spanih or I will create my own with my students.

ABCTeach
http://www.abcteach.com/directory/basics/writing/
In this website, you will find a lot of good ideas for teaching in general, especially for reading and writing. I like the writing activities even though I will have to modify them by changing them to Spanish. Some of the ideas that I wil consider doing is "color and write", "poetry" and "letters". Young learners will be encourage to read and write by using art within a writing or reading activity. You should look at this website if your teaching context is for begginers.

1 comment:

  1. i really like the first three resources that you provided, sarai! colorin colorado is one of my favorite websites! it's been a while since i taught so conducting google searches for these resources for our blog assignments has really helped me see just how many tools teachers can find online. the last two resources, though they are in english, are wonderful as well. it used to be that most of the only resources a spanish teacher could find were in english and they'd have to be modified. though this is still true, it's great to see that spanish teachers can rely on sites like colorin colorado, el castellano and mis cositas. thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete